Saturday, October 23, 2010

I had to surrender!

Okay, so I know I said I wanted to do this without joining Weight Watchers, but the fact is, losing weight is hard. Losing more than a hundred pounds? MUCH harder! I can't possibly count the number of times I've joined and quit Weight Watchers, but I know that when I've applied myself to what their program offers, I've been successful. So, hopefully this time, I'll be able to stick with it!

Well, here's the gory details...by the time I joined 14 weeks ago, I weighed a whopping 269.2 pounds! All I could say was,"Holy crap!" However, I have since been taking it day by day and have not only lost 14.2 pounds, but have signed up to walk a half-marathon. Yeah, I know, doesn't seem like me, but my old, lazy habits are what got me here, so now it's time to change for the better!

November 7th is the big day for my half-marathon, and while I'm not quite a runner like the other thin, active nurses I work with, I'm starting to feel a bit more comfortable talking about mile times, hydration and training with them. In fact, I'm feeling pretty badass!

Do I think I'm badass enough to be able to finish the half? Mmmm...maybe. Do I think I'll need a week to recover? DEFINITELY! But at least I made a committment and am sticking to it. Now I've just got to be that committed to fueling my body with healthy foods so hopefully it'll speed up my weight loss in the meantime. Wish me luck and I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment