Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Welcome to The Biggest Fattie!

Welcome to The Biggest Fattie, a journal of my journey to lose weight and my struggle to gain control over my health. Why call myself "The Biggest Fattie" you ask? My best friend, and fellow Weight Watchers dropout, started calling the popular NBC weight loss show by that name as a joke. It seemed every season they kept getting bigger and bigger contestants. After watching the show and saying, "Wow, that girl is big!" then realizing that I weighed more than that particular contestant, I knew I needed to do something to take back my life and get healthy. I may not win $250,000 when I'm done, but being healthy again would be worth millions to me!

Everyone has their moment when they hit rock bottom, their Oprah "A-ha" moment, or whatever you want to call it. My last straw was this morning, when I made chocolate chip cookies. I wound up eating so many that I realized I'd have to finish them off and pretend I never made them, otherwise everyone would know how many I'd eaten. Stupid, I know, but ask another Fattie and they will totally get what I'm saying.

So, here goes. I weighed myself this morning and I weighed 268.5lbs. That's a lot. That's really a lot if you're 5'3 1/2" like me! I am officially 128.5lbs more than I want to weigh. My plan is not to join Weight Watchers, like I have in the past, but to still loosely follow their plan, especially their "Guidelines for Healthy Living." I plan on eating my 5 fruits & veggies daily, drink my 8 glasses of water daily, take a daily multivitamin and get 30 minutes of exercise every day. I know I'll have good days, I know I'll have bad ones too. But, hopefully, between monitoring my eating and exercising more, I can get healthy (and hopefully thinner too) again.

I'll be weighing myself every week and posting it. That way, I have to own up to somebody or something, even if no one reads this. I also plan on using this as a sounding board, venting place and just maybe a place for celebration! If I can figure it out, I'll post what I hope will become my "before" picture (but don't count on it 'cause I'm just not that computer-savvy!) Maybe someone else who is struggling with weight issues will read this and be able to know they're not alone in this situation. Maybe it will encourage someone else to try to get healthy as well. Who knows?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment